FIRST COMMUNION STUDENTS - Our textbook is the Bible with worksheets in your child's folder. Parents are the primary catechists. Along with the information provided in your First Communion Workshop folder, we are asking that you watch the videos for parents below. Due to the coronavirus, we are unable to hold classes. There are videos for the kids to watch, too!
JOYFUL SUNDAYS and
March to April Classes
Eucharist Chapter 7
Eucharist Chapter 8
Eucharist Chapter 9
Eucharist Chapter 10
Formed.org Videos for KIDS!
The Eucharist for Little Children
More information and videos are coming so that you can teach them how to receive Jesus!
We usually teach both ways to receive: on the tongue and in the hand.
Please practice at home.
Read a book
and complete a book report.
Turn in your book report
and enter the contest for prizes!
How many books can you read
by April 30th?
Parents: Presence Series
Presence - For Parents: Preparing Your Child for First Holy Communion
Presence- For Catechists: Unveiling the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist
Presence - Session 1: God Is with Us
Presence - Session 2: The Story of the Eucharist
Presence - Session 3: Bread for the Journey
Presence - Biblical Foundations with Dr. Tim Gray
You can receive the Eucharist on the tongue or in the hand. But how do you do that properly?
Watch the video by clicking on Sacraments 101.
· Walk up to receive with hands folded and bow.
· Stand close enough so the Priest can reach you.
· Priest: The Body of Christ. You: Amen.
· In the hand: Make a throne. Cup your hands with the dominant hand on the bottom.
· On the tongue: Either kneel or stand, open your mouth and stick out your tongue a bit. Tilting your head to look up a bit helps!
· Step to the side and make the Sign of the Cross as you look at the cross above the altar.
Practice at home with small crackers!